Watch “Jeffrey Sachs | Keynote 1 | Subjective well-being over the life course” on YouTube
Published on Dec 16, 2016
Jeff Sachs delivers one of the keynote addresses on “Economics for the Common Good” at the conference “Subjective well-being over the life course: Evidence and policy implications” held at the London School of Economics and Political Science on 12-13 December 2016.
The conference was organised by OECD, CEPREMAP, What Works Centre for Wellbeing , and the CEP.
Jeff Sachs is an American economist and director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University, where he holds the title of University Professor. He is known as one of the world’s leading experts on economic development and the fight against poverty.
Why should governments care about people’s wellbeing? How would policy change if raising wellbeing was the objective?
Supported by the What Works Centre for Wellbeing, this event was a landmark conference reporting the first results from a collaboration between the London School of Economics Centre for Economic Performance, the CEPREMAP Wellbeing Observatory at the Paris School of Economics, the OECD, and an international consortium of researchers.
More information about the event is available on the CEP website at the following link: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/events/even…
Published by bsahely
- 30,585 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- A conceptual framework for action on the social determinants of health
- Exposing and Staging the Social Cancer in our Midst
- Watch "Why it's time for 'Doughnut Economics' | Kate Raworth | TEDxAthens" on YouTube
- Manufactured Consent, Credibility and Confidence in A Fake New World (Dis)order and what this means for Reparative Justice
- A Geometry of Consciousness -- The Pribram Bohm Hypothesis/The Pribram-Bohm Holoflux Theory of Consciousness by Shelli Renee Joye, Ph.D.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences study (ACEs) Resources
- EULER’S FORMULA IS THE KEY TO UNLOCKING THE SECRETS OF QUANTUM PHYSICS
- The War On Democracy (2007) (English subtitles) by John Pilger
- Watch "Earth Talk: Fritjof Capra - The Systems View of Life" on YouTube
- THE FIVE FALSEHOODS: On International Financial Centres by The Hon. Mark Brantley, MP and PROFESSOR Gilbert NMO Morris