John McMurtry shows that a false economic paradigm holds the world in thrall to a global corporate death system masked as market freedom. Liberation is explained as grounded in humanity’s repressed life-value code, life capital bases and civil commons organization which unify across distances and differences.
Tag: Life Economy
Life-Value Onto-Axiology and Life-Ground Ethics | Prof John McMurtry
The Primary Axiom of Value is the unifying solution to the open question ‘What is Good? What is Bad? The Value of All Values across Time, Place and Theories’ by John McMurtry, Philosophy and World Problems, Volume I, UNESCO in partnership with Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems: Oxford, 2004-11. It defines the ultimate first principle/s of Life-Ground Ethics, and more comprehensively, Life-Value Onto-Axiology.
In traditional terms and terrestrial parameters, the Primary Axiom provides the unifying criterion and measure of the Real, the True and the Good.
Table of Contents
– The Primary Axiom of Value
– Choice Space
– Moral Obligation
– The Unlimited Validity of the Primary Axiom
– Freedom of the Individual by Collective Life Support
– THE UNIVERSAL HUMAN LIFE NECESSITIES and LAWS OF THEIR PROVISION
– Life-Ground Ethics: From Theory to Practise
– The Problem of an A-Priori Life-Blind Value Calculus
– The Game Theory Paradigm of the Ruling Value System
– The Ultimate Moral Choice Space: Life or Death for the Planet
– The Dynamic Metaphysics of Life-Value Onto-Axiology Read More
The Ten Principles and Action for the LIFE Economy | Prof John McMurtry (2002)
Excerpted from: Value Wars: The Global Market versus the Life Economy. London and Sterling, Va.: Pluto Press, 2002., p 219-220
The Life Economy Manifesto
- Constitutional public accountability of currency and credit creation by 100 per cent reserves for private interest-bearing loans.
- Public authority’s allocation of investment funds, loan credits, interest rates and taxation levels to select for life capital formation.
- Internalization rather than externalization of costs of corporate commodity cycles by conditions of market sales, ban of all commodities of mass destruction, and application of precautionary principles for all market commodities.
- Natural capital inventories and well-being/ill-being index to measure and achieve the true efficiencies of economies.
- Repudiation of all debt of societies incurred without the consent of the indebted people or already paid by debt servicing, and institution of an international currency clearing house to prevent attacks on the means of exchange of sovereign nations.
- Repeal of all transnational trade and investment rules which abolish rights of sovereign nations to capital controls, negotiated performance requirements of foreign capital use of domestic resources, and retention of homeland ownership of natural resources, electromagnetic bandwidths, and public service budgets.
- Binding environmental-protection standards and schedules of accession in all international trade agreements to eliminate emissions of wastes by natural resource extraction, processing and commodities.
- All trade and investment agreements include as conditions of cross-border entry of commodity and commodity-contents into others’ national markets binding accession schedules of labour and social standards on the European Union model.
- International corporate charter binding all parties selling or investing across borders to comply with minimum labour and social security standards, commodity cycle environmental protections, international standards of public communications across borders, minimum level of corporate taxations, maximum level of market share, and international criminal law.
- All loans across national borders be secured by hard-currency reserves deposited in a reserve fund as fiduciary authority for administration and extension of debt issuance in accordance with international standards of life-capital security and development.
Action: self-organizing life-space reclamation across misused arable lands, forests and fisheries, urban concourses and coastal waterways, public education, policy and other life-ground sites in accordance with codified life-standards.